Saturday, 5 September 2026

Oh September

 The coming of Autumn is a promise of beauty but also a farewell. The corn is ready to harvest and the roses still bloom. Last night my daughter came home with buckets of flowers and joy. She wanted to make bouquets and today we did. To live where there are such defined seasons is a blessing I don't take for granted. This summer has been hot and smokey and during August we barely saw blue skies. Each morning the windows were open beckoning in what cool air there was before the heat of the day hit like a brick. It was a quiet summer in that we were not out and about. It was a loud summer in that the fighting and anxiety was brutal! I feel even more exhausted now than I did before summer started and that's not saying much but it is saying something. I guess I have given every shred of myself I had to give and there is good in that. So here is to another summer ~ the summer of 2026. We made it through, and we had the most beautiful moments. 






No comments:

Post a Comment